N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) builds Glutathione which sends basic causes in-to remission.
- Powerful Antioxidant NAC replenishes one of the body’s most powerful antioxidants, glutathione (GSH), and therefore helps to fight damage caused by oxidative stress (i.e., the buildup of free radicals over time, which causes cellular death and aging).
- Defends Against Acetaminophen Toxicity & Acute Liver Failure NAC saves lives every year as a treatment for acute poisoning with acetaminophen-containing pain-relieving drugs (e.g., Tylenol®, Vicodin®, and Percocet®).
- Protects Lung Tissue NAC thins mucous and reduces the frequency and duration of attacks of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes chronic bronchitis and chronic emphysema.
- Improves Insulin Sensitivity & Brings Glucose Levels Under Control Produced by the beta cells in the pancreas, the hormone insulin is need-ed to transport glucose (blood sugar) into our cells. Insulin resistance occurs when the body produces insulin but cannot use it effectively; this causes glucose to build up in the bloodstream instead of being absorbed by cells and used for energy.
- Cancer Prevention NAC blocks cancer development at virtually every step in the process, and through multiple mechanisms. It can induce programmed cell death (apoptosis), prevent cancer cells from replicating, and prevent cancer growth by inhibiting specific signaling molecules.